VIAVI Solutions introduces the market’s first integrated solution to test an entire 12-fiber MPO cable with an OTDR at the push of a button
October 3, 2017 — VIAVI today introduced the 4100-series MPO Switch Module for its T-BERD/MTS-4000 platform.
As the adoption of ribbon cables with MPO connectors increases so does the time required to test and certify each fiber in a cable. Increases in test setup times due to use of fan-out/break-out cables and many more inspect, clean, connect cycles slows down the certification process and increases the risk of human error. The ability to support MPO connectors directly within the test equipment and automating the whole characterization, certification and reporting process is becoming a mandatory capability for test equipment. The dual module capability of the T-BERD/MTS-4000 allows both the MPO switch and appropriate OTDR module to be installed and managed on the same platform to deliver a simple to use, fully integrated and automated MPO cable test solution.
- All-in-one, integrated solution for MPO cables characterization, certification and troubleshooting
- Simplifies and streamlines MPO testing with a single technician
- Reduce testing time by 50% compared to legacy test equipment and processes
- Automates test workflow, certification and reporting with pass/fail diagnostic
- Compatible with CERTiFi, a cloud-based and mobile app solution to deploy tasks to all VIAVI MPO test instruments and manage test results
An OTDR with a MPO switch is the right tool to qualify and certify to TIA/IEC standards for structured cabling and perfect to troubleshoot physical layer issues and validate links in migration to 40G and 100G in enterprise and data center environments. For FTTH or wireless/C-RAN networks, it’s an ideal test solution to characterize connector-ized MPO feeder or trunk cables.
VIAVI is the worldwide leader in OTDR manufacturing and has been awarded the coveted Frost & Sullivan Fiber Optics Test Equipment Market Leader Award for fiber-optic test equipment six years in a row.
For more information on the MPO switch module, visit the MPO Switch web page or contact your local VIAVI representative.