The visual fault locator (VFL) is an essential tool that quickly and easily locates problem areas in fiber cables. By pinpointing the exact location of fiber damage, technicians can diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix the problem efficiently. VIAVI Solutions offers two unique versions of the VFL that are economically priced and ergonomically designed for comfortable handling and portability.
- Compact, ergonomic design for ultimate portability
- Visible wavelength is 650 nm
- Low and high powered versions (1 mW and 5 mW) for single-mode and multimode fibers
- Continuous or Flash illumination
- Universal connector interface for quick and easy connection
- 2.5 mm connector input and 1.25 mm adapter
- Includes soft-sided carrying case with belt loop
- Locate sharp bends, breaks, and damages in fiber
- Conduct end-to-end continuity tests
- Perform fiber tracing and identification
Learn more about fiber inspection, fiber testing, passive optical networks (PON), and XGS-PON.