The T-BERD/MTS-2000 is a handheld modular test set for the installation, turn-up and maintenance of optical fibers across Enterprise, Metro and FTTx/Access point-to-point or point-to-multipoint networks (PONs).
- Hands-free testing. Hands-free case optimizing productivity whether the task is “up poles or down holes” and ensuring all the essential fiber test tools are close at hand comes standard and makes daily work for technicians easier.
- Built for simplicity. Simple interface and one-touch button operation ensures straightforward use of the instrument. Results are displayed on a large high resolution color touchscreen.
- Widest range of applications. The modular form factor enables to outfit the test set with the exact capabilities needed in the field. Combining such a large array of applications into one handheld test set maximizes return on investment and drives common test methods and procedures.
- Ensure fast and consistent fiber deployments across your network with the SmartOTDR™ test mode
- Remotely coach and support field techs with Smart Access Anywhere (SAA)
- LAN/WAN/Metro/Access/PON OTDR applications. Ensure fast and consistent fiber deployments across your network with the SmartOTDR™ test mode.
- FiberComplete™ application for automated Insertion Loss and ORL testing with fault finding
- CWDM optical spectrum analyzer application
- PON/FTTH selective power meter application
- Digital analysis microscope to inspect connectors end faces and perform IEC pass/fail analysis. Learn more about fiber inspection.
- Other Test Applications: optical power meter, visual fault locator and optical talkset
- Large 5-inch touch screen display
- Test applications include OTDR, automatic IL/ORL, CWDM analyzer, selective PON power meter and connector inspection with IEC pass/fail analysis
- Built-in optical power meter, VFL and optical talkset options
- New generation lithium polymer (LiPo) battery for up to 8 hours operation
- Flexible connectivity with ethernet, USB, bluetooth and wifi capabilities
- Special hands-free bag as standard
- Cross-compatibility with T-BERD/MTS-4000 Multiple Services Test Platform
This product is StrataSync-enabled
StrataSync is a hosted, cloud-based solution that provides asset, configuration, and test data management for VIAVI instruments and ensures all instruments have the latest software and options installed. StrataSync Base supports basic capabilities at no charge. Additional StrataSync subscription plans are available offering enhanced asset and test data management, workflow, KPI analytics and application programming interfaces (APIs).
Manuals & User Guides
White Papers & Books
- Fiber Optic & OTDR Testing with the T-BERD/MTS-2000
- Fiber Optic Testing with the T-BERD/MTS-2000
- On-Site Classroom and Live Lab Workshops with Certifications On-Site Classroom
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 Configuring the Light Source & Power Meter
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 COSA-4055 CWDM OCC Testing
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 CWDM OTDR SmartTest Assistant
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 Fiber & FTTA Testing Technician Certification Exam
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 Fiber Inspection w/the P5000i
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 FiberComplete Setup, IL/ORL Reference, and Testing
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 FTTA Mode OTDR Testing
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 OCC-4056 DWDM Optical Channel Checker Testing
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 OTDR Easy Mode Testing
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 OTDR Expert Mode Testing
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 OTDR Real-Time Mode Testing
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 Platform Overview
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 Tier 2 Setup & Testing for Simplex Fiber (Enterprise-SLM OTDR)
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 Transferring Files & Updating Software
- T-BERD/MTS-2000 Using SmartTest Assistant
- VIAVI Certified T-BERD/MTS-2000 Fiber & FTTA Technician Program
- VIAVI Certified T-BERD/MTS-2000 FTTA Technician Program
Product Training Options
Self-Paced Online Training and Certification
Learn to use the functionality and features of VIAVI Solutions' products online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week followed by a certification test upon completion of all modules.
Virtual Classroom and Certification
Instructor led Coursework: Learn from an expert Instructor from the convenience of your desk. Build your skill sets using VIAVI Solutions products to test various technologies with test and certification upon completion.
On-Site Classroom and Live Lab Workshops with Certifications
Instructor led Coursework: Build expertise using your VIAVI products in live lab exercises with test and certification upon completion. Utilize optional workshop days for field test on your network with your instructor.
Mentorship Consulting & System Admin Training
Instruments: Mentorship Test Procedure Consultation: Application Engineer Days. One of our test experts will come to your site and conduct testing with your team to troubleshoot stubborn problems or write up test procedures.